18 May 2009

Miss Nude South Africa

In case you haven't heard yet, there is another unique beauty pageant that is taking place in South Africa. If most of us love to see beauty candidates in their evening gowns and swimwears, I doubt if you can appreciate these things in the Miss NUDE South Africa.


Yes, this is a pageant which requires candidates in their birthday suits. This is organized by Sexpo.

As expected there are Christian protesters gathered outside Cape Town Convention Centre where the pageant will be taking place to denounce it. But the pageant organizer rejected claims that the event exploited women

"We are all here by our own choice: no-one's been forced to be here," said a topless Bella Anderson at her stall in the expo.

"I mean, I love sitting here... I enjoy this. It's not like I'm a prostitute or anything.

"I'm just enjoying the fact that I'm a woman first of all, and second of all I'm using my womanly side and my femininity... to have fun with people.

"It's not like I'm sleeping with anyone or doing bad things."

Anderson, who is conducting lap dancing workshops at Sexpo, said she hoped visitors to the event would leave more comfortable with who they were, rather than worrying about what other people said.

Spokesperson for the Christian Action Network Taryn Hodgson said Christians believed sex was a gift from God and should be expressed only within the confines of marriage.

"We shouldn't take something that's private and personal and make it public," she said.

She also said it was outrageous that an industry that promoted the "objectification and exploitation" of women should be given space at a premier tourist destination in the heart of the city.

1 comment:

  1. trust the christian crusaders to try and be our thought police. when are they going to realise that what works for them doesn't work for me and many others. looking forward to the sexpo.

    ReplyDelete