11 August 2008

Miriam Quiambao - Playboy Playmate


It is now a common knowledge about Miriam Quiambao's decision in gracing the cover of the Philippine version of the popular men magazine, the Playboy. Her pictures are seen in all discussion boards and are recieving favorable as well as bashings from fans all over the world. The pictures are actually done in good taste and they are totally different from what I have seen on the previous edition of the glossy magazine

Miriam is the runner up of 1999 Miss Universe Mpule Kweglobe of Botswana. She was actually my favourite to win the crwon during that pageant in Trinidad and Tobago. It is interesting to note also that it was Miriam who popularized the falling-on-stage during the evening gown show at the Miss Universe. She tripped during the preliminary show on her evening gown but she managed to stand up gracefully and went on to penetrate the Top 10 as the second highest next to Miss South Africa.

The photo session was handled by a famous Philippine top photographer, Jun De Leon, who happens to be the husband of 1997 Miss Universe 11th placer and Miss Photogenic - Abbegail Arenas.

Here are some of the photos taken by De Leon.






When Miriam was asked about her experience, she mentioned she was nervous. I am bringing you an article I copied from website of one of the Philippines biggest networks, the GMA network. The article was published at www.gmanews.tv.

MANILA, Philippines - Former Miss Philippines and Miss Universe runner-up Miriam Quiambao took a bold to step in advancing her career by gracing the cover of Playboy magazine's August issue.

"I consulted some friends and my manager and I spoke about it. And then we finally agreed we're going to do this really well and it has to be an art work," Quiambao told Raymond Gutierrez of GMA Network’s Showbiz Central during an interview Sunday.

Quiambao said she prayed the night before the photo shoot and asked God for guidance."Well I went [to Baclaran Church] with my friends and I lit a number of candles praying not just for this cover but also for other things and to give me the strength to go on with this project…," she said.

She said she was nervous at the beginning of the photo shoot, but later was at ease.

"Actually kinakabahan ako kasi pag pasok ko palang sa Imperial Suites Hotel I feel like I’m walking to the valley of death but probably it's just on my mind."

"Naging comfortable eventually magaling kasi si Jun de Leon (Eventually I became comfortable because Jun de Leon is a good photographer)," she added.

Quiambao also said she received no angry memo from GMA News and Public Affairs executives after the Playboy photo shoot.She said she sent soft copies to her bosses and added: “They don't have violent reactions and I explained to them the reasons why I did it."

Quiambao said posing for the magazine was a "celebration of her femininity." "I am happy. Tama na yung iyak iyak sa mga nakaraan, ‘di ba?" she said."Parang, I'm just so happy with myself and I'm celebrating it (It's like I'm so happy with myself and I am celebrating it)," said Quiambao. - Aie Balagtas See, GMANews.TV

No comments:

Post a Comment